Thursday, March 09, 2006

Tye Dyed PHunKy-KNitTIng

Now the rest of the story.... I have always wanted to knit. I have attempted and got frustrated within hours (sometimes minutes.) My daughter was taking a class at her school (she is EIGHT) after school to learn how to knit. She SHE was learning how to knit. WELL that got the ole desire raging again. Frustrated that my EIGHT year old could show me up - as well as a strong desire to KNIT please - I sought out a venue for my needs. While walking my daughter home from school - we walked passed a GREAT new KNIT shop called "Sister Art Studios." It doesn't do JUST knitting. It has alot of KID's art kit, they have parties for kids of ALL ages and teach other things like crochet and beading. Nat wanted to go in and look at "kits" and I obliged her. That was when I met the owner and she told me she taught knitting to kids and adults. I was GIDDY with joy. I wanted to learn how to knit so bad the burning passion was frying a hole in my chest right then and there. I inquired about her classes and told her there was no way she would be able to teach ME - ALL THUMBS to knit. She assured me it would not be an issue.

One week later I walked in, green and eager. She put in my hands - BAMBOO knitting needles size 15 - and started me on my swatch. Within the two hour time of the class I moved from practice swatch to my first scarf. I was so excited I joined Nat in her knitting class that afternoon.

This blog is dedicated to my knitting! My unravelings, my creations, my WIP (and Lord knows I will have a ton of those) and my tye dyed phunky knitting life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonita Rose said...

so neat u are starting ur own knitting blog... wowza.. u are gonna have to add this one to your 2peas signature.. u just gotta.. so I remember to visit this one too!

24 March, 2006 16:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home