Thursday, March 23, 2006

Creations

Today marks my two week anniversary of learning to knit. I have started and finished two scarfs and have two more WIP. I can quite excited with my progression - and also blame it on my obsessive compulsive personality. I want to know how to do it all!!!


Here is the first scarf I did for Natalie... She picked out the colors and the yarn. I have to admit it went quick and the yarn was VERY soft.






The scarf has been done for a week but I had to wait for more yarn to come in so that I could do the fringe. Like a good new knitter I saved the label so my shop could order the yarn. Sadly - I had to be taught how to do the fringe - but now I know....






She did the hat on her own in a KnIfTy KnItTeR that she learned on in her after school class.














And here is the scarf I did for myself. This is actually the first scarf I started and then Nat wanted one made to match her hat. They were both finished at the same time on two different sized needles - I had two WIP (and I am just a baby knitter - an infant if you will....)













I added bangles to it. I love the colors in this yarn and the way it knits up. I think I have the garter stitch down. I am currently working on a scraf for Rowan - with a funky yarn that is testing my garter-sense. I am (as if you can not tell by my stitches) a tight knitter. The yarn for Rowan's scarf is verying styles so it looks funny to me. I have only been back into Sister Art Studio ten times making sure I am doing it right. I am sure that the owner rolls her eyes everytime she see's me coming....

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonita Rose said...

wow.. gf lovely stuff.. wow.. too bad it's almost spring, I cud use a new scarf.. lol

24 March, 2006 16:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home