Friday, March 24, 2006

Knitting Swatches!!!!

Class Projects!!!!!

I pulled out my swatches I made in my first two knitting classes.... What a hoot.

Here is my knit stitch practice (that I now know as Garter!)
















Here is my Purl Swatch. As you can tell - I needed a lot more practice on the Purl stitch. That is why I am doing the ribbed scarf.











Here is my ribbed stitch swatch. I actually like doing this. Just enough concentration it's not mindless and no "pattern" to follow - so still relaxing to do!









Here is the stockinette stitch. My next project will be this stitch with knit on the end and increasing and decreasing!








NOW for this weeks swatch.... I call it my mutant swatch!!!!!!!


I love it actually - something great to pull out in the future. I learned to increase, decrease, both on the knit and purl. I learned two increases....









The increase that adds with you knitting infront and behind a stitch and the increase that creates a hole (close up here).







I then learned the Yarn Over stitch. This will be my next project after the increase and decrease scarf.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonita Rose said...

woohooo I am the first to comment.. woohoo do I get a prize huh huh?? lol u have been busy gf knitting wow!!!
You are gonna have to teach me when I come to visit, promise?

24 March, 2006 16:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home