Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Knit Sock Kit Swap Questionnaire

KSKS

So very excited I am in this Knit Sock Kit Swap! I was suppose to post this questionnaire a while ago but never got around to it. I am a SLACKER Knitter....


The Questionnaire:


What are your favorite colors?
Lime Greens, Black, Navy Blues

Are you a new sock knitter? YES I am a NEW sock knitter and totally head over heels in love with socks......

How long have you been knitting socks? One month!

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? multicolored!!!!


What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn?
wool - it's cold here in the Windy City. LOVE Merino Wool, Super Wash Wool is great and I have knitted a sock with cotton/nylon blend which was my first sock and it was a good starter.


Where do you usually knit socks? Anywhere I can. They are my traveling socks. I currently have a knit an go bag. I commute on foot or bike. I am on the El or a Taxi. I like to pull the sock out, knit and be able to stuff it away quickly. The sock is the one project compact enough to carry EVERYWHERE with me. Including church. My sock has become my preverbial book. I always ALWAYS (and still do) carry a book with me. Just in case... just in case I get stuck somewhere, have to wait in line, or am delayed - I can read. Now I can knit the sock!!!




How do you usually carry/store small projects? In my knit and go bag.... it's lime green, snaps onto my pants loop, bag loop of bike handlebars.




What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? I LOVE Jay Walkers. Now remember I have been knitting socks for a month now. I like knitting different combinations of knit and purl, slip and yarn overs to make an emerging evolving pattern on socks with multicolored yarn. It fascinates me. Again - I am a relatively new knitter....

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? New to knitting socks... I haven't learned the two circ needle socks yet. Still learning all the turning the heel techniques... so I have tons of uncharted sock knitting terraine (sp) awaiting me. Just the fact that I can knit a sock amazes me.

What new techniques would you like to try? two circs needles, toe up, differnt turnings of the heel.... just about anything would be new to me.

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting?
Currently DPNs. I was using bamboo but then I got a taste of the metal and my sock knitting flys.

What are some of your favorite yarns? Hand dyed, unique, aw heck... anything I can knit with.... Am I a yarn snob... well if going in a yarn shop and inadvertantly always picking out the high end yarn - because the is what I am (or my hands) are drawn to - then I am a yarn snob darn it. I love multicolored yarn. I try to stick to knit picks and webs but my hands are just attracted to the hand dyed super merino hand spun yarn at all the yarn shops. I'm not the snob, my hands are....


What yarn do you totally covet?
Lorna's Lace, Koigu, Interlacement yarns and Socks that Rock Oh My


Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object
? Pomatomus

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I love Bamboo needles - but I am getting into the metal. I have noticed though that the metal comes with four and the bamboo five. I like five needles.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Hand dyed Merino in Socks that Rocks colors

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? I love gum... I love altoids (almost any flavor)... I love peanut m&m's (with or without Johnny Depps picture). DARK CHOCOLATE is the BOMB

What’s your favorite animal? Dog

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? No pets

If you were a color what color would you be? LIME GREEN

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).. V Neck form fitting but not too tight, black basic tee.


What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
Sunflower - they can grow in the most absurb situations, they sprout up, bloom beautifully and not one of them are the same. There are lil ones, big ones, huge ones, plain ones, multicolored ones, different shades different flowering appearances. It's a wonderful representation of how God made us. But then again, the fact that this planet rotates and spins around the sun and everything just falls into place is a most awesome inspiring influence to get your butt out of bed and LOVE and LIVE each day - and knit of course!

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read.
"I am an acquired taste." (Vince Vaughn in Law and Order CI) No seriously - "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them, Were I to count them,they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you." Psalm 139:13-18


Do you have a wishlist? Do I have a wish list? The question is what is NOT on a wish list.

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? This is going to be so much fun!!!!!! KNIT ON!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cracking me up.....
Question: When biking--- do you knit at stop lights?

I do when driving... so just wondering.

PS already have some goodies for your Knit Sock Kit.;)
your sock kitting pal;)

21 June, 2006 10:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home