Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Totally addicted to knitting when.....

You know you are totally knitted to knitting when you pull out your knitting in the middle of church - during the sermon.

OKAY - before you start booing me LET ME EXPLAIN!

I have been super stressed and busy the last few days. I have several days of intense work ahead before we leave for vacation - literally as I am walking out of work.

So - here I sit yesterday in church - which I so wanted to be at.... my schedule has prevented me from attending Sunday worship AND Wednesday bible study. I am in the middle of the sermon and literally tune the pastor out (unconsciously), start plotting out my week, what I HAVE to do, what I NEED to do and everything I wanted to get accomplished during what lil time I have off before vacation as well as - wait what was that noise? A fellow parishener behind me was DRAWING. It snapped me out of it. I know that she draws to stay focused during lectures, sermons et al.... SO it was a reality check. I PULL out the sock in my purse and start knitting - bible on my lap open to the sermon reference.

I literally started to focus and the Pastor's words started seeping into my brain. Within minutes my jaw had shooting pain through it...... No God wasn't striking me down.... I was clenching my jaw so tight and grinding my teeth that as soon as I started knitting I relaxed. I felt HORRIBLE - but I actually stopped thinking about everything else BUT the sermon.

I do realize though - at this point..... (though) I am very very very addicted..... I also realize at this time... the older I get the more ADHD I become....

BTW- the pastor and I (their family and ours) are good friends... HONEST!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmmm

I think we're a good match.

Your One skein Pal. ;)

(thus far- I've only been tempted to knit at church.... I think I'll quietly try it.;)

20 June, 2006 10:13  
Blogger shanwen said...

You know something.. i also realised that i am totally addicted to knitting, when i chose to knit instead of playing a duel match on xbox with my bf. WE had a huge huge fight ... and i am still depressed now. Tell me what to do, I can't abandon my knitting, can i ?

20 June, 2006 10:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home