Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Where O' Where is my traveling sock????

Why Springfield of course...... Looking at Fashion from the First Ladies!!!!!

Now my sock should feel privaleged.... I was apparently (after the 15th picture) told NO pictures were to be taken in the Lincoln Library. (There were no signs... really there were not.....)

Here is my jay walking Summer sock.... crusing the First Ladies Exhibit - AWESOME exhibit.... I took a picture here because it's hand dyed sock yarn at a hand dyed Peacock Feather...


I am not sure why... I just thought it fit and looked cool.....






Now I loved this part..... This first lady was handed a bunch of socks by her husband on their honeymoon - to DARN - or probably a hint that she needed to knit more.... whatever... this woman had it going on.... you go sock woman!!!!!

And that woman was.....
Mrs Grace Coolige!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!! I am sure other first ladies knit as well!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

Okay - long day, long night.... off to bed... to get up for a long day tomorrow....

For the whole story go hereand more pictures to boot......


Good night! Curling up with my sock.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

Hi! Just knitting blog surfing here. I clicked thru to your blog by clicking "random" on the Midwest Knitters icon.

I'm doing Grumpernia's JayWalker sock, too. I just finished the 1st one & am about to cast on for the 2nd. Isn't it neat how a little thing like a double decrease in the middle of a needle paired with knitting into the front & back of the stitches at either end of the needle do such COOL things!

Like the colors in your sock!

I like your Harlot idea of the traveling sock. Good on ya!

14 June, 2006 18:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home