Sunday, June 04, 2006

Mason Dixon Knitting

I've fallen.....

I've fallen onto the Mason Dixon Bandwagon.


I just LOVE the baby kimona in the book and want to make two of them for friends that had babies recently (have I mentioned that I have like FIFTEEN FRIENDS pregnant. Yeah - I just about do not have one friend who isn't pregnant.) So - I started a dish clothe (I never in a thousand years thought I would be knitting a dish rag. Really - a dish rag? I can think of ten other things that would be fun to knit and not used to scrub a dish clean.) I started the dish rag because I am using the exact same cotton yarn that I will be using on the kimona - and I wanted to do a gauge swatch first. SO - I will make a dishcloth (because I HATE gauge swatches - I figured this would be useful when I am done.)


So here is my disclothe that I started today in the car on the way home from the grocery store. I have to go to work at 1500 - and only had a lil time to knit this and get pictures going. Well as you can see - it starts and knits up fast. I was all so excited. This is actually fun to make AND the pattern is a breeze to memorize. I can so see this as a traveling project.

As a matter of fact I have to go out of town Sunday through Wednesday next week for work (and worried about missing my girls Oooooo so much) and was trying to figure out what knitting projects would be good to take with me. I am going to a conference (four day conference) on Bio terrorism (??What-else?? lately - I am like obsessed). I think I will be taking my kimonas AND some dishclothes to knit. I will also be taking THE SOCK - for Socks of Summer..... so look for pictures from my lil conference. I am going to Springfield... only like three hours away but I am FREAKED about leaving the girls. Rowan has learned to ride her bike without training wheels - so I am hoping no other major "milestones" are surpassed while I am away....

Okay off to work..... It is SO beautiful out all I want to do is sit on the hammock and knit......

1 Comments:

Blogger shanwen said...

Cooool! how did you knit that dishcloth? because i can never manage with more than 1 strand of yarn! Maybe i have yet to catch the mason dixon craze. Love to see it done:)

07 June, 2006 01:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home