Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Latest knitting feats

My latest knitting escapades. I was in a Bio Terroism class yesterday and actually got some knitting done during the class lectures. I was very excited and for once I was very focused through-out the lectures.


Here is my sock... my lovely sock....

I TURNED the heel!!!!!! I was so excited when I had the right number of stitches at the end and it actually RESEMBLED a sock's heel.


I am learning to do cables. This is the belt pattern from Stitch and Bitch Nation - but it's not working up like the one in the book. Has anyone else done this pattern?
This yarn is a oopse yarn. I bought it because the lady at the store said it would look good with the other yarn that I bought for a shrug. I then didn't like it. I was going to give it away at a yarn swap (which I totally forgot about and didn't go) so there it sat in my yarn basket. I decided to pull it out when my cable class pulled out this pattern for the belt.
Okay back to work.... I need more time to work!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger shanwen said...

hello, there is a great sense of relief once you turn the heel, soon you will finish the sock. Don't give up !

17 May, 2006 05:44  
Blogger Emma said...

Turning the heel is so much fun! Your socks are going to be so cute. And your cabling swatch looks great--I need to practice that myself. I just love the way it looks.

18 May, 2006 17:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home