Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Knitters -v- Scrapbookers

While I was away this weekend the UPS man cameth with this great yarn!!!!!!




I can't WAIT to make something with it (like socks). It came from Interlacement yarns!

I LOVE their yarn!

I found something out this weekend that was very interesting. I went to a Scrapbooking Expo and got ALOT of scrapbooking done. Which was a good thing - because I have not in the Scrapbooking mojo for the past month or so. (I have been obsessed with knitting)
I sat there inbetween classes and on downtime knitting. I took my lil commuter bag with me and hooked it to my lime green (of course) bag. So here I am knitting and people are giving me the strangest looks. One lady finally approached me and asked a tad bit timid like (as if I was going to attack her with my knitting needles) "um, you realize this is a scrapbooking conference?" Well duh, slap me up side the head, and roll me over...... is that why I had tons of adhesive, pretty patterned paper sitcking out of my bag, ink all over my hands and a bag overflowing with mini albums?

I thought it might have just been me, but my daughter pulled out her knitting in the back of a class and someone asked her if she knew that it was a scrapbooking expo. (well, duh, I know the blonde roots run deep - but she is sitting in a class where we were making a mini album).



So - she put the knitting away, pulled out her drawing pad and pens and proceded to make up fashionable outfits.

I know that there is a rift between crochet and Knitting - but scrapbooking?

Who would have thunk?

Now, do I dare pull out a mini album when I am at Stitches Midwest?

1 Comments:

Blogger shanwen said...

A rift between scrapbooking and knitting? Who would have thought?
If i were to be approached at the expo, i would say that knitting is also a craft that needs respect .

Anyway, knit on, try those yarns for socks. They will look awesome.

10 May, 2006 06:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home