Monday, April 24, 2006

Stunted Works in Progress

Works in Progress!!!!!!


Last night I knitted up to where I was stuck on three different patterns then curled up in bed with my socks - which didn't last long because I was EXTREMELY tired yesterday......


This is a short sleeved shrug I am making Natalie from the One Skein Wonder Pattern!!!!

The color isn't the same in this picture - but it is a very pretty soft lime green. I got stuck at the sleeves......




I started two baby booties on a pattern that is suppose to crank them out in less than two hours.... THREE days later I am still knitting them.... I got stuck at the pick up stitches....











And here is a shrug I am making myself.....

The yarn that I am starting it with is FAB! I would love to do the whole shrug in the same yarn but it's like $15.00 a skein and it would take over 6 (SIX) 6 skeins (you do the math!!!). So I picked up some organic blue sky cotton that was on sale so that I could do the sleeves in the fancy stuff and the shell in the cotton.......

This is going to require creativity.....

Right now I am stuck on SSK and K1, M1, K1.....

Now - this was in the clearance basket at a yarn shop - and I couldn't resist.....

This lil skein of Lorna's Lace will make ta-da - the magic 2 hour booties that have taken me three days so far. I love these colors (even though they didn't photograph well!!!).
Did I mention that I have like 6 (make it 8 now) friends that are pregnant......

I have a lot of those magic TWO hour booties to make!!! (LOL)


So - I took these WIP - to Sister Art Studios because I knew that Donna (my bag teacher) was working. Rowan was with me - but I didn't think it would take long (ha ha ha). I ended up dissing Rowan there - (but Donna's daughter was there) - so I could run and get Nat from school.... I then ran back and attempted to get beyond my stopping points. Nat worked on her homework, Rowan and Cecila played and I knitted....

Suddenly I looked up and it was 1730.... Egads - how time flies when you are knitting!!!!!

An Impromtu Play Date occured at the local park (as I knitted some more.) We met up with Donna and had a wonderful dinner at Las Fluentes.....

So nice to have a knitting friend!!! (especially when the girls get along so well!!!) A few margarittas later, a nice mexican dinner devoured... I was home knitting working on my projects.... I need to finish Nat's Shrug so she can see it in the AM... I am like three (long) rows from being done. I am still not sure if it's the way it should be... but it looks cute........

So off to finishing the knitting......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home