Saturday, April 15, 2006

My knitting group

I was thinking today - as I was running around with my girls.....

Egads I actually took the car today, got behind the wheel and drove around. In CHICAGO! See, the rest of the story.....

I commuted for almost (if not more) ten years. I commuted to college, to work, to see friends, to shop.... I commuted. There was nothing NOTHING Not A Thing where I lived. When I moved to Chicago - that was the main reason. TO STOP COMMUTTING! I gave up a car to do this. We went from a two car family to a one car. I wanted to WALK, take a Cab, take a Bus, take the EL - whatever - anything but DRIVE.

Today I drove.... Now I am in much need of knitting therapy (LOL).

Anyways - after we went to the movies (which was more expensive than going to a knit shop for a yarn fix!!!!) - where we saw Ice Age two - the meltdown - BIG LET DOWN - wasn't that great.... I DIGRESS!

We went to the last Knit store in Chicagoland (within biking, hiking and treking distance) together. I have converted my girls into Yarn Hags. They love to knit just as much as I do - and are just as obsessed as I am. We had a blast....

Knit1 was a GREAT Quaint lil store that I felt at home in at once. They had handmade needles, cute handmade beaded stitch markers, novelty items and more. They had a GREAT couch up front to sit and knit on as well as two antique chairs my girls found inviting. The owner was SUPER friendly. They carry Cascade - which I am told is a most awesome beginner yarn company. Easy to understand and knit with....

After our fix in the store we went to lunch and home to knit......

Then I realized (which was the original intent of this post) that I only began knitting because my oldest daughter learned in school and knew how to knit (and I didn't). I then learned (a lil over four weeks ago) and have become obsessed. I dragged a friend into it - who has since dragged her daughter and son (and now I hear husband). I also have another co-worker who wants to learn how to knit and lives next to NINA'S! She is new to Chicago - and I am anxious to bring her over to the dark (yarn) side. (lol!!!!)

While I am much of a home body as you will get.... I am looking forward to a lil knitting group once a week or so - where knitting needles are clicking and yarn is being worked into delicate patterns and stress is flowing off of me!!!!

I am also looking forward to more knitting store trips with my girls, knitting nitch times with my girls and knitting them things as well!!

Who knew knitting could be so gosh darn addicting????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home