Sunday, April 09, 2006

I'm a yarn snob?

Egads.... between the purse class (that I alread paid for), shelves for the kids room, the new futon matress and cover, my yarn binge yesterday - today we spent even more money! NOT ON PURPOSE mind you. We went shopping for the place.... Nothing like Spring Cleaning to point out things in your mind that might just look good in your abode. LOL! Then of course..... I had to go to JoAnn's..... and look at my find....

DSC_0022

Of course I raped the yarn isle just a little. I think.... egads I hate to say this.... I think I am a yarn snob. I figured this out as I was walking around JoAnns. The yarn was quite attractive and many of it jumped off the shelf at me (literally and figuratively - I had my 5 yo with me that would grab random skeins of yarn as we are wheeling by - LOL). I am addicted to yarns like Rowan, Cascade, Merino Wool.... JoAnn's has a GREAT yarn supply - but I'll go to Nina's, Arcadia or Sister Art Studio any time for yarn.... and probably be VERY happy with my purchase.

I am a Scrapbooking snob (tend to lean towards Rusty Pickle, Basic Grey, Junkits...) too..... I would rather shop at WCS than JoAnn's. What is wrong with me....

THEN I found this great knitting magazines....
DSC_0025
I was interested in the article on Knitting without rules. That is so me outside of knitting I can only imagine that is me in knitting!

All together.... it makes quite the booty for a knit-a-holic don't you think?
My weekend loot......

Now back to work on Monday!!!!!

Yes - I have fallen to the point of working to pay for my knitting yarn loot.... my snobby yarn loot. I know they prefer to call it "High End Yarn".... but to me I am just a snob. (No - I am not proud of it.... cause it keeps me working.....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home