Saturday, April 08, 2006

Fun Packed Saturday Knit day

Being off the weekend program at work has allowed me to seriously be OFF on the weekend. I am not working on the weekend - but my hours are filled in during the week. I am thinking the weekend program fits me better. The weekday hours are killing me. The weekend gets here and I am exhausted.

This Satruday - Thank in MOST part to Norm - we did some SPRING cleaning! Yoohoo!!! We started technically in the living room - but the girls room was majorly overhauled as evidence by the following pictures!

DSC_0015

Norm put up more shleves and we did a MASSIVE purge of all the toys that were misfits and no longer utilized..... it was a sad day for some.... but a catharsis for others.... look at the clean room!!!!!

I also graduated to Circular Needles in knitting!!!! I started a Felted Purse Class on Saturday Morning!!!!

This is the one I started in class and couldn't put down.

DSC_0033

This is the one that I started tonight when I got to a point on my class on that I couldn't go any farther!

DSC_0029

My goal is to get these both to the point I need for my class on Tuesday (instead of Saturday morning because of Easter Weekend....) and show it off in class.

We also went Futon shopping. We wanted a new cushion and cover for our futon. I would have a photo but the one that Norm took - had a horrible picture of me knitting.... the knitting is okay - the picture of me was not one that I would post.... LOL!

Of course - just the luck - the futon store was RIGHT BY A KNITTING SHOP - NINA's. Such a cool place. This is probably one of my favorite exclusively knitting shops around here. Arcadia might be a lil friendlier but Nina's definitely has some new ways to look at knitting and the yarn is to DIE for!!!! I should know - I walked out ten skeins later - and with this book......

DSC_0027

I am already getting ready to start on a hat that will go with my Grunge Scarf that I finished last week (boy have I been a bad blogger....)

DSC_0035

This scarf was my exercise in learning how to increase and decrease. It's a very easy pattern that was given to me by a friend via email.

Cast on 3
Knit 1 row
K 1, K into front and back of next st, knit to end of row (front of scarf)
K 1, K into front and back of next st, purl to last stitch, Knit last st.
Inc 1 st at beginning of each row until you have about 30 sts or scarf is 6 inches wide.

THEN

Row 1: R side, K1, K into front and back of next st, Knit to end of row.
Row 2: Wrong side, K1, K2tog, purl to last st, last stitch K1

When scarf is 4 inches less than you want it to be:

Row 1: R side, K1, K2tog, knit to end of row.
Row 2: Wrong Side, K1, K2tog, Purl to end of row, last st K


We went to Leona's for dinner after the shopping experience. We got there just in time. We got there, got our food and were eatting as the Cubby crowds were wandering in.

We then retreated home so Nat and I could knit on our new futon..... I ended up the last one knitting with the girls curled up on my lap.... such sweet end to a grungy day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home