Friday, April 21, 2006

I started......

Well here it is!!!!! I started the sock!!!!



After combing the internet, going through my books and being extremely indecisive I went with the pattern in my book "Knitting Rules" by Stephaine Pearl-McPhee.

I am going on the assumption that - this is my first sock and if (when) it's not perfect Natalie could wear them..... Now that I have the first twleve rows done I am going to split them on four needles. It's really not that hard. I am kinda liking it..... SCARY!







Yesterday I attended a book signing at Arcadia Knitting. The mother daughter team were delightful. They cracked me up! Both read from their book and told wonderfully funny stories about differences and similarities between them. I can't wait to be able to sit down and read this book!!!!



I also went to this Knitting store here in Chicago Knitting Niche. The owner is a HOOT! She is mentioned in the Stitch N Bitch book. I loved her. She gave me this pattern for baby booties - and since I have sooooooooooo many friends who are about ready to pop - I started this project too! I hear it takes about two hours to finish a pair..... we will see. I hardly get two hours at a time to sleep - much less knit. The owner of Knitting Niche knows her yarnn too! It was amazing. She had me feeling bamboo yarn, soy yarn, silk yarn.... She showed me her lace shawls and her bias'd projects. She loves to do lace work.... I think she was trying to talk me into it! She flowed around the shop as if she knew it blind. She was amazing and such a wealth of knitting knowledge!!!! Definitely will go back there.

Now off to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home