Monday, July 31, 2006

Ta Da......

So you read my account of the weekend - but you didn't know about the END of the weekend.

After Church today I diligently worked on my Jaywalkers. I wanted them done. Now I know that I posted that they were finished - and they were - but do you have any idea HOW hard it was to upload all those pictures????? I wasn't uploading another picture without a break.....

So - after Church - waiting for Nat and Rowan to have a playdate with a friend that was returning for a weekend (they are away all summer - can you imagine that lifestyle? )

After they left we went to Taste of Lincoln since it was beside our house......





Lotsa food to be had... in every form of fried goodness you can think of.....















Lotsa people.....







Then there was me..... KNITTING.....

Taking a break from the heat.

If you notice - I never changed out my knitting bag from my church bag - so I was making sure I wasn't getting it dirty....... balanced oh so properly on my feet.







And more people......










Again - taking a break - taking in the sights and Knitting....






There was Sangria at just about every port of entry and exit. Of course beer. Taste of Lincoln bills themself as a "family affair" but after about 7PM it's literally an extension of the Bar Strip.




And more food!!!!!!




More knitting.... gotta get them done......



The family part.... is a street off shoot of games. Nat and Ro with a friend went there yesterday. Natalie ended up breaking her pinky of her R hand. I felt so bad for her. She didn't say a word to anyone. She kept asking to go home - which Daddy thought was her way of having a Tude. She got home and immediately started crying. I was taking a nap (migraine). I took one look at it and knew it was broken. Today it's really swollen and icky. buddy taped and splinted it is... She was afraid that the ambulance would get called and she would be carted off to the ED (without mom). Why you ask???





Look who was running the kids corner. She said she recognized several people from the hospital and just knew they would insist she go to the hospital. I felt so bad for her.







It was hot but not as hot as yesterday - Praise God!!!!! Still hot though. So what else does one do????



sit, watch and knit.... that's what I was doing!!!!!










finally broke down and got some nachos - we split them. They were actually quite good - and I am not a big meat fan - I am the veggie nacho woman......





MY JAYWALKERS!!!!!!!! They are DONE!!!!!!

I am so excited - AND they fit!!!!!!!

Lil warm for right now.....


Okay - off to bed I go.... I am currently working on the socks for my secret pal!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger AmyArtisan said...

The socks look great! Hope Nat is on the mend!

31 July, 2006 16:58  
Blogger shanwen said...

Great ! More food and more people! Glad to see you finish your socks eventually

04 August, 2006 11:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Afsane saab yahoo co za Home foreclosures Team ferrari http://www.supplements-diet-0.info/Dual-cpu-diagnostic.html

06 March, 2007 02:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home