Monday, July 24, 2006

The Yarn Harlot came!!!!!

What a Night!!!!

What an AWESOME night!!!!


I not only got to MEET the Yarn Harlot in person but I had an adventure to boot!!!!!

I traveled far......


We were in the farthest South area you could probably get in chicago and still be called a resident of "Chicago!" The 99th Metra Stop.... convienent for me to get to later on!!!!





Not five minutes after I got there..... I blew a flip flop.............

So barefoot I went the rest of the night......
The hard ships we endure to see the Harlot!!!!!






I walked in the knitting store *(that is absolutely adorable)* and was distracted by this wonderful book..... I couldn't help but stand there and stare at it!!!!

BTW - that's Lorinda!!!!!




Rowan? Rowan is that you????

Now here is my Rowan..... Tell me I am NOT losing my mind!!!!!!



After we were in the store a bit we decided to make our way to the lil talk she was giving.... As we were walking in this lovely lil town we found this.....




Yarn Harlot Propaganda all over!!!!





Walked across the street........





We grabbed a bite at this adorable lil Cafe!!!! You'll have to ask Lorinda how that went - my salad was YUMMY and so was my coffee!!!!!



We finally made it to the park district building..... and was in awe from the beginning. We sat down and I pulled out my knitting while listening and laughing... better yet - cackling.....

She was sooooooo hilarious! She was amazingly coy, energetic, funny, sensible and practical! I loved listening to her talk!!!!!!! No wonder I love her blog and her books!






The line was long - and that was okay because Lorinda and I chatted and knitted!!!!!




There she is.... just a little bit farther......


All these women sharing the same passion. Of course while standing in line - in the store I found a few more items to purchase..... like this adorable lil bag that I HAD to have.......




Now tell me - doesn't this purse scream - Bonzairn!!!!!!





Finally we are near enough to enjoy her efferevesent personality AND beautiful smile!!!



MADE IT!!!! and she was just so gracious. She signed all three of her books to Bonnie, Natalie and Rowan!!!!!! Bless her Heart!!!!







Some fabulous friends made..... Can't wait to bump into them at Stitches!!!!




The Very Sweet Lorinda got me a gift.......







What a wonderful gift indeed - RED sock yarn and a sock pattern I have not tried!!!!!!




And for my Traveling sock entry..... my second Jay Walker is proudly held up to admire the Harlot!!!!

This was a blast!!!! Stephanie was AWESOME!!!! She was beyond Awesome! I am so thankful I was able to get this time off and I was so Thankful for God connecting Lorinda and I!!!!! Praise God!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger shanwen said...

LOve it, looks super fun to me! Thanks for sharing those pictures, I hope that yarn harlot comes to melbourne soon ! it seems that there are many knitters in U.S ?!

25 July, 2006 08:40  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

The sock pattern is brand new - I just wrote it this month - I hope that you like it. Come by and visit me anytime. I have other patterns up there too.

25 July, 2006 13:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Charleston fishing forecast resource business marketing Acyclovir vs famciclovir travel insurance Nexium mediation percocet futura office furniture valium http://www.measuringpenissize.info/babysitters-natural-big-boobs.html drive insurers vax v19 vacuum cleaner Propecia compare buy

06 March, 2007 04:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home