Saturday, October 14, 2006

As the world turns (or knits)

So - while I have been trying to keep my head above water, finish my school homework, report to work on time (egads they have installed time card machines at work effective Dec 1) and basically exist as a human being - the world goes on.....

Apparently (and darn I wish I had known this - cause I would have been there to bask in his reality) - Bono grace Chicago's sky line to shop at the GAP (THE GAP OF ALL PLACES) to help fight AIDS!

I'm sorry Oprah - no offense (yes offense only if you take it that way) Bono is too good for you! I admire Bono. I think that anyone who has evolved from his youthful rebelous ways, taken the strengths that God has given him (music) and used it to help those in need - those that many of us would cross the street to avoid - has used the talents that God has given him and is walking in the steps that God has outlined for him. Oprah - you strayed off that path a long long time ago.

Now what ever you may think of Bush - any president willing to sit down with Bono - is a HIP and HAPPENING president. So - there. (reverting back to my childhood mode)

Sister Art Studio had their year anniversary party tonight - and it was a blast. Next year I hope to have knitted enough things to have hanging with the other blessed sisters that are so much more knitting princess' than I!

My socks of summer came today!!!! PRAISE GOD! I understand it took SEVERAL Mailings to get them here and several prayers over the envelope enroute.



THEY FINALLY ARRIVED!!!!!
And they are Delicious!!!!! Look at the colors!!!!!!



Abigail is AWESOME!!!! She never gave up - and I am sure these socks were prayed over more than my prayer shawl I am making. I don't want to take them off!!!!!!!!!!


THEY ARRIVED!!!!

PRAISE GOD! If you have a chance check out her blog - I have loved LOVED reading her blog!!!!

Spinach is in and meat is out. Given my MPH program I am currently enrolled in - I should be more interested and involved - but I am not a big meat eatter and most spinach I ate was home grown so no ecoli here.

My girls had picture day and both miraclously woke up with a case of bad hair day (and if you are raising girls you know what that means) MAKE UP DAY!

Bears have the opportunity to take their conference title and POSSIBLY go to the super bowl if they keep up the good work - GO BRIAN! (Griese that is)

Tigers may win - but we (being staunch cub fans) are not rooting for them.

Knitting has carried on - and I have several pictures to post after I get other work done!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

You are too kind:D

I'm so glad the socks finaly landed in your home. I enjoyed making them for you.

I used Fleece Artist Merino in superwash.

Wear them knowing that you are loved and cared about:D

16 October, 2006 19:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home