Sunday, September 10, 2006

What I have been working on....


Comfort Knitting!

Okay - while in my mom's hospital room and the travels to there I started a skirt for Natalie.

BTW - check out the cool bag......


I put my supplies in it... It's from my Secret pal!!! Better than the ziploc I carted it down to Florida in!

I pulled the skirt out today. It was rather mindless. My mother thought it was pretty. Perhaps that is where I found the comfort?



Mom never knitted but I am sure - if she had been introduced to the cool yarns and patterns of today she might have considered it. My mom was more into cross stitch, needlepoint, macrame (spelling I know) and beading.

Perhaps I was able to knit it because it WAS comforting - sitting on my couch by the window with the gloomy weather looming over. Actually this weather is nice - it is about 70 out, windy (again when is it NOT windy in Chicago) and misting out all day. Knock it down a few degrees and you have England weather.



Oddly enough I haven't been able to pull out the socks that I was working on or the wrist warmers. They sit in their lil bag waiting for me to return, patiently waiting I might add.


I was so excited last night when I came across this..... this is a co-worker/friend that left a few months ago to go work in Uganda. I love reading her blog and all her experiences. Please keep her in your prayers and thoughts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zarzuela said...

Very colorful knitting you've got there. :)

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

23 September, 2006 21:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home