Saturday, August 19, 2006

Ta-Da

It is done!!!!!!

I have completed not only the bag but the sock kit for my KSKS!

Here is the bag.....


And here is everything going in the bag......



I really had fun putting this together.

Dear KSKS Pal,

I hope you like your Bag and Sock Kit. I had a lot of fun reading your blog the last few months and collecting things to not only fill your bag but to make your bag with. Your bag has a story…..

The shades of Orange Yarn was a hand dye wool from home.
The Blue yarn is a Cascade Yarn I picked up in Wisconsin at Lakeside Fibers (AWESOME store!)
The Ribbon inside the blue yarn is from Sister Art Studio in Chicago (where I hang with my knit pals on Thursday Night and much of the knitting on this bag was done!)
The Fun Fur stripe was bought at a store in Grand Haven Michigan that really wasn’t a knit store, just a craft store.
The needles came from another knit store in Baraboo, Wisconsin that was also a coffee shop – very out of the way and I just happened to come across it when we were walking through town.
The Chibi came from JoAnn Fabrics in Springfield, Illinois when I was there at a conference.
The Orange Glitter pen (to mark on your pattern) came from my FAVORITE Scrapbook store in Chicago – Windy City Scrapbooking.
The Sock Needle Holder (as seen on the Yarn Harlot) came from WoolWorks.
The Pattern came from KnitPicks.com It can be worked on both circulars and DPNS so I sent the DPNs since you said you liked using DPNs.
The Sock Yarn came from a very quaint knit store in Holland Michigan that had very friendly staff (rare indeed).
The Stitch Markers were handmade by my beading hubby. (I hope you like them) The beads came from a bead store in Grand Haven, Michigan.
The Chocolate covered Sunflower seeds (unique but yummy) came from a paper store in Old Town Chicago.
The Knitting Mints came from another JoAnn Fabrics when I was in the Burbs (a very scary place).
Last - but not least - the lil creative gift bag for your daughter is from Sister Art Studio in Chicago!


Off in the mail it went today and I can't wait for her to get it. I am a little nervous (OKAY VERY NERVOUS) about her liking it.... but I still had fun picking everything out and putting it together!

I can't wait to start on my Funkified Scarf for my Swap Pal!

I need to (and I am going right now) to finish those socks for my Sock Swap Pal. There are coming out quite nicely I must say - eventhough I am still on the cuffs. I am making my own pattern from my classes at Stitches last week!!!!

I spent five hours with the Hubby earlier tonite Scrap booking at Scrap Nite.

The kids are away - we had DATE night.
What a wonderful date night it was too!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KSKS PAl.....

It'a not the yarn, the stitches or markers,
It's not the pattern, nor even the needles,
Not the candy or the notions,
It's the BAG that's making commotions.....

Try as I might, it's been hard to get right...

So I'm redoing the lining tonight!

Your kit will be mailed on Monday....(oh please oh please oh please I hope I can get this bag to work! It's quite cute if I do say so... but needs a strong lining;)! however---- I will usps priority mail it;)

PS that is all the hints you'll get;)
your ksks pal;)

19 August, 2006 08:27  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

The bag looks great & I love the story of how it came together!

Are you going to the Arcadia yarn swap this afternoon?

19 August, 2006 08:29  
Blogger StarKnits said...

OH man you're ksks pal will love that gift don't be nervous! can you adopt me and make me one??? i love knitting socks. lol J/K she's going to love the stuff and the stories of where they're from!

19 August, 2006 10:04  
Blogger Liz said...

I received my package today! How much fun! I love the bag and all the goodies and, as for the yarn, I had picked up a skein of that very yarn in that very color not two weeks ago and then decided I didn't need any more sock yarn right now - so excellent choice!!!

Thanks again!!!

21 August, 2006 16:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home