Friday, August 04, 2006

The count down

The count down has begun - 7 days (or less) till Stitches Midwest!!!!!!

I can't wait!!!!!

(Actually I can - I haven't done my homework yet... eeeeeeek)

I am finishing up my bag for my KSKS. I have all the stuff to stuff it with. I have to say this was a VERY fun swap!!!!!

I checked out Scout's new swap - Funky Scarf Swap. It looks like a blast. I am currently stuck in a Sock Rut (which necessarily isn't a bad thing) and this might bump me out of it. I think it has just been so flippin hot that I only want to knit something light and portable.

" title="Photo Sharing">button.jpg

I am excited about this swap because I can basically experiment on everything I have learned in the last six months of knitting. When I went to see the Yarn Harlot lsat week someone asked her what the difference was between someone who knits and a person who is a knitter. a person who is a knitter looks at a pattern and either decides to alter it OR doesn't follow a pattern. I have branched over into the knitter category. I have been altering patterns for the past three (or four) projects not on accident either I might add. The bag I am making for my KSKS is like three patterns I merged together and did some personal altering. Now - to put those skills to work on a scarf - get me out of the sock rut and onto something Phunky and fun!!!!!

Okay - off to work I go.... I had one day off this week and enjoyed it with my girls and then myself at Knit Night - now it's a four day stretch and then BACK TO SCHOOL STUFF for the girls!!!!!!!

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please dont worry,
nor should you fret
Your KSK Pal.. is in a hurry
Your yarn is here,
the needles and goodies...
It will post soon
So please, no worries:)
your kskpal;)

11 August, 2006 21:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get ready to get funkified!! your secret pal

14 August, 2006 18:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home