Monday, October 23, 2006

Danger Danger Warn Will Robinson

THE MOST HORRIBLE THING HAPPENED TODAY!!!!!!!! (while I was knitting of course)

I am so upset.

MY IPOD BIT THE DUST!

YES - my prized U2 IPOD has bit the dust.


I must lay it to rest in it's pristine box that it came in with it's U2 poster and etched signatures in the back.

The hard drive has died.

Wales were heard from the Best Buy Geek Squad desk today. The gentleman behind the desk thought he was going to have to call 911 for a hysterically seizing woman grasping her IPOD foaming at the mouth praying in travail that it was not true.

SIGH

Now I must go out, brave the elements..... head to the apple store.... walking in the dead of silence (BECAUSE MY IPOD IS DEAD) and buy another.

Quicker than rectal valium - the words "YOU KNOW - they still have U2 IPODS out - they are 30 GB now and have VIDEO capabilities. If you purchase one you get EXCLUSIVE VIDEOs of Bono and the boys....."

I was up off that floor, skipping the post ictal phase, and heading out the door to find a time to head to the Apple store downtown. (I'll brave the silence for this.... yes I will)

Imagine - two black with red ipods -both carrying the bands signatures - one laid to rest - the other full of VIDEOS of the band.........

I may seize from the excitement this thought has brought me......

Bono on my ipod 24 hours a day....

WAIT - Law and Order, LOST and Joyce as well.......

EGADS what a thought.....

I wonder if I can make it to the Apple store before work tomorrow?

(Disclaimer - now many of you are trying to figure out WHY I am so upset.... it's so simple. Imagine if you will - being a commuter in a car for one hour (or more) - WITH NO RADIO! I commute on foot. My radio is my Ipod. My sanity is my ipod. MY BUDDY is my IPOD. I knit while listening to my ipod, I read, I write, I run, I sleep, I VEG with my IPOD. I LIVE FOR MUSIC!!!! Now do you see the horror?????)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

I, too, have lost an ipod to a disk crash. The best thing to do is just buy a new one. Getting a new hard drive installed costs MORE than buying a new one!

All is not lost, though -- you can still sync your new iPod to your existing iTunes and get it all back.

24 October, 2006 16:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home