Monday, October 23, 2006

Wraps and WIPS?

OIY - what a weekend. We went HERE - with the girls and a friend of theirs on Saturday. WHAT A BLAST we had. I knitted up there and knitted home. We stopped at a cute lil yarn shop in Zion called Gladys Yarn shop. She does not have a www but she is worth the stop. Alot of European yarn and patterns. I picked up some BRIGHT cotton yarn to make booties and hats for friends that are having (or had) babies. I am not into pastels for babies..... go figure who would have guessed! Go HERE for pictures....

On Sunday - I cleaned. I must have been convicted by the Holy Spirit after church on Sunday (the sermon was on laundry - well sorting of the laundry in respect to sorting of the goats and sheep - Mathew 25. Okay - I guess you needed to be there because it sounded different coming from my pastor).

And here is the finished product....

Organized Works that need to be STARTED! Each bag has yarn a pattern and sized needle I need. (WHERE ARE MY
KNIT PICK NEEDLES?)















Look at the wonderful basket of sock yarn overflowing waiting for me.....

I won't even show you the two other baskets I organized.

I DID CLEAN as well.... the bathroom is sparkling and the living room is spotless. Nat was working on her life story in the dining room -

so that remained a lil cluttered but more organized......

I still had time for...... KNITTING!

Here it is.... here is my wonderful Mohair wrap that Belinda (a wonderful SASI KNITTER sistah) taught me to make. I am astonished at how quickly it knits up and even how easier it is - once you get beyond the OBNOXIOUS needles

(size 36)


This one is a for a friend (which I will deliver tonight at work.) Rebecca is a red headed strong woman who just had a beautiful baby girl. It's a nursing wrap (a wrap but a wrap to use mainly when she is nursing). It's warm, light and discrete. You know how you hate to layer in the winter when you are nursing... enuf said. This went with the hat and booties I posted before.....

OKAY - I must go off to bed - I have class in the morning and then work in the evening...... I also have a presentation to (start) finish and my 90 day reading plan. (I really like this 90 day reading plan! Thanks Lorinda!)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home