Sunday, February 18, 2007

New Jobs, UFOs and looking forward

It has been OVER a month since I posted and I have no excuse other than - I was BUSY BUSY BUSY with school, work and work. As my old position wrapped up I doubled with my new position. I wanted to start with my feet firmly planted on the ground. End result - I started on the 6 February - wobbling. But the good news.... Weebles wobble but they don't fall down. So far I have been able to keep my head above water (barely) and prevent drowning on a daily basis.

I LOVE my new position and I love the fact that the last three weekends I have been HOME and happy with my family. My girls - have finally realized - I am home home home home on the weekends. Even better - while I have been pulling 10 and 12 hours days trying to get planted and grounded - I am home in the evenings. Our house just seems calmer since this has happened (granted it has only been two weeks).

What does this have to do with "KNITTING?" ALOT - I actually have time and energy to KNIT! I actually ENJOY it as opposed to sneaking it in between this and that. I still carry it with me every where - but I am sitting and knitting in the evening and sitting and knitting with my girls! YES - GIRLS! Rowan - having attending a book reading at SASI - for this book..... Picked up some knitting needles at the store and with a little direction from Donna, the owner, is not well on her way to her first scarf. I use to have to "start" the row - now I am sitting there watching her to start, knit and start the next row.

I - have placed myself - on a NEW YARN MORATORIUM. Why - while I have a mini yarn pile going - and it's strategically and decoratively placed throughout the house - I HAVE TOO MUCH YARN, UFO's and not enough FINISHED projects. So the next few months - you will be seeing UFO's and hopefully Finished projects posted. Of course - an addict like me might just have to get a yarn fix sooner or later... so stay tuned for my progess.

Looking forward - I am reading THIS... and I am hoping my KNIT NIGHT buddies will join along....

I also have added this....

AND THIS.....


To my library of knitting books... and I am hoping that I can knit a few projects out of here with what yarn sits in my baskets..... Stay tuned for updates....

Well I must get back to my blackberry, paperwork and eventually knitting....

Here is to the 9 - 5, management, salary jobs that I thought I would never EMBRACE!

Praise God
for moving forward and making a positve change in my career, family and life!!!!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home