Sunday, February 18, 2007

One knitter at a time.....

So - not like I have pictures.... but I had to share....


The other night my friend Sesil joined me at Knit Night at SASI! How most awesome was this. Sesil is prego with her THIRD baby and is absolutely radient! She has wanted to knit for EVER - and I finally persuaded to get her to come. I showed her how to CAST ON and knit her first row.... I began my Be Sweet (to die for) magic ball scarf and forgot about her for about ten minutes. Then I looked over and she was about FIVE rows into her first scarf. Now - she is by far - the quickest learner I have come across and she is doing awesome. Why did she finally learn???? She had the THREE hour GLUCOSE test and needed something to do with her hands to take her mind off the nasty taste left in her mouth and not being able to eat or drink..... From what I understand she is half way through her scarf now!!!!! YOU GO SESIL!!!!!!

Tracing back - I have four other friends who have started knitting because I enabled them.

  • Emily - pregnant also - picked up the sticks when she was on a trip here during the summer. Nesting has made her a knitter.....
  • Kristi - not pregnant but a nurse (like Emily) - picked up the sticks in the late spring. She is now a regular member of Knit Night even though she has to finagle her work and school schedule to do it. You knit on sister!
  • Zoey - who is not pregnant, nor a nurse - but Natalie's friend. She picked up sticks in response to her mother (un-beknownst to me) showing up at knit nite. Zoey can over for a play date and we (Nat and I) hooked her up! YOU KNIT ON GIRLFRIEND!
  • Christine - who is not pregnant - but is a nurse - and a very dear friend. I roped her into knitting about three weeks after I was hooked and needed a companion to enable me! (As if I need enabling?) Together we are knitting the Braided Vogue scarf - and predict it will be done sometime in the year 2010.
I am quite proud of this round up... and even better - they are all still knitting!!!! I can't wait for the next person I invite into the secret (but not so secret) society of KNIT NITE!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home