Monday, September 03, 2007

Disaster at the home front

Well - where do I start. It's not a knitting disaster.....

It's a hard drive disaster. My computer (the family computer that holds all pictures, all Itunes for the DH and the only link to my camera and the printer) had a melt down. The hard drive is fried. Currently (after a late nite vivesection) the hard drive is sitting at a friend's house - trying to recover anything from our hard drive.

I hope it wasn't blasphemous to pray over it as I handed it off this morning. (but we did)

Now - I have two kids moping around (can't get on Tamatown) and a husband who is also pouting (can't watch the race for October).

We have a decision to make. Should we go ALL MAC or replace the PC with a PC. If we go all MAC I lose windows forever (not a bad thing - since I think windows is what took down my hard drive to begin with).

Meanwhile - any posts of pictures will not be available until I can fineagle my husbands D50 to take pictures. (He will probably barter time with the MAC for his D50.)

My MAC book - is off limits to anyone who exclusively used the PC. I can't afford to have my MAC crash with work and school stuff on it.

Needless to say - the stitches on my latest sock are tight.....

What I can say - Thank God for Blackberries! emails are still getting to me as are my tofutsies group mail from yahoo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home